Flossie Crypto Workshop
- Introduction to graphical encryption tools for Ubuntu and Android [Presentation: pdf 62.5 KB]
- You can join the Flossie discussion list here
Flossie/BCS Career Taster Workshops
A series of refresher workshops and inspirational talks for women returning to coding after a break or wanting to learn some programming skills for other projects.
Download supporting materials:
- Introduction to Free/Libre and Open Source Software [Presentation: pdf 185.8 KB] – Paula Graham
- Materials for AppInventor workshop [hyperlink] – designed by Hannah Dee and facilitated by Louise Brown
- How to contribute to Open Source projects [Presentation: pdf 1 MB] and Introduction to Github [Presentation: pdf 1.6 MB] – Cornelia Boldyreff
- Python Workshop [Folder containing all the materials for Python workshop: 1.5 MB] – Cornelia Boldyreff
You can join the Flossie discussion list here
Social Media Workshop
This workshop is intended to help non-profits and social enterprise use social marketing techniques adapted to their needs.
It begins with an introduction to strategic planning to help organisations look at social media marketing realistically and focus their efforts. This is followed by a practical session with Twitter to familiarise with concepts and techniques for setting up and building your network. We finish up with a broad overview of some of the more popular social media sites you might want to use and some tools to help you manage your campaigns.
Download the supporting materials:
- Workshop Outline
- Presentation: Introduction to Social Media
- Worksheet for Exercise 1:
- Presentation: Some Popular Platforms
- Helpsheet: Quickstarter
- Helpsheet: Measuring Success
Please note that all these materials are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 2.0 UK: England & Wales License